1.26-27. “Parth then saw, mustered in the two armies, uncles, granduncles, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons and friends, as well as fathers-in-law and well-wishers. Seeing all these kinsmen assembled together and overwhelmed by intense pity, he spoke thus in great sorrow:”
Parth, the perfect marksman who has made a chariot of his earthformed body, looks at the army and sees his kinsmen. What is noteworthy is that in the two armies he sees only his own family, the families of maternal uncles, and of fathers-in-law, friends, and teachers. According to scholarly estimates, the two armies of the Mahabharat consisted of eighteen akshauhini chariots, elephants, horses, and foot soldiers, which is approximately 650 million, a very large number indeed. It hardly needs saying how the world is faced today with numerous grave problems of food and housing on account of rising population. So what are we to make of it when we are told that just three or four families of Arjun’s kinsmen are so large in number? Is it possible for any family to be so huge? The answer must be in the negative. So what we have here is a portrayal not of physical armies but of the sphere of the mind and heart. Overcome with deep compassion, when he sees all his kinsmen mustered for battle, Arjun speaks in grief. He grieves because he sees that he has to fight his own family.
1.28-29-30. Arjun said, “Seeing these kith and kin, mustered with the purpose of waging war, O Krishn, my limbs grow weak, my mouth is dry, my body trembles, my hair stands on end, the Gandeev (Arjun’s bow) slips from my hand, my skin is burning all over, I am unable to stand, and my mind is bewildered.”
Looking at the gathering of his kinsmen, Arjun is unnerved. His body grown inert, his mouth is parched, his limbs tremble, and his hair stands erect. The Gandeev falls from his hand and his skin is hot. He is sorely distressed by the prospect of a war in which his own kinsmen face him. He is confused. He bewails that he cannot even stand properly and look ahead.
- By Saints / Poets (200)
- By Scriptures (277)
- "Yatharth Geeta"…..A metaphysical exposition of Bhagavad Gita..!!! (163)
- Devotional (3)
- Patanjali Yog Sutra (1)
- Spiritual (133)
- Veda (1)
- By Singers (2)
- By Songs / Bhajans (9)
- Bhagavad Gita-the best evergreen metaphysical psychotherapy ever done in global spiritual history…!!!!!
- Does Bhagavad Gita require an updated version as per modern human psychology of 21st century…???
- My Supreme abode….!!!
- Why do young children die?
- Perception of God and the consequent enlightenment are knowledge….!!!
- How to effect the quest for the God?
- When restraint is integrated with the Self and the operations of breath and senses are stilled….!!!
- In the state in which even the yog-restrained mind is dissolved….!!!
- A God-oriented saint is the abode of all this bliss…..!!!
- To take refuge in God and seek the ultimate liberation….!!!
- “Have you, Parth, listened intently to my words and, Dhananjay, is your delusion born out of ignorance dispelled?”- Lord Krishn!!!
- Enlightening a seeker on the way of true self-surrender through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The importance of worship and meditation by introducing idea of “devotion” for yogi who undertakes selfless action as per Gita!!!
- What are attributes of the accomplisher at the point where action is no longer of any avail as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The organization of men into four classes (varn) is name of the inner ability gained from one’s action as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The threefold classification according to the properties of nature of intellect, steadfastness, and happiness as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Knowledge, action, and the doer are also each of three kinds as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The five principles that Sankhya acknowledges as accomplishers of all action through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Principles of relinquishment and of renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!”
- The significance of OM, Tat, and Sat through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Distinction between three kinds of yagya, penance, and alms, that are like three kinds of food according to individual taste!!!
- What is the property-sattwa, rajas, or tamas of persons who albeit worship with faith but in disregard of scriptural ordinance?
- In whom do the wealth of divinity and demoniacal impulses abide as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The attributes of the treasure of divinity which subsist only in a seeker whose meditation has ripened to maturity as per Bhagavad Gita!!
- Most subtle of all knowledge by knowing the essence of which a man gains wisdom and accomplishes all his tasks as per Gita!!!
- The glories of the Self of realized sages through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- What is the form of that ultimate state which is achieved by renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The world is a tree which yogi who are seeking for the supreme goal have to cut down as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Tell me, O Lord, the attributes of the man who has risen above the three properties and the way by which he transcends these??”
- Supreme knowledge which is the noblest of all knowledge to achieve the ultimate perfection through metaphysical vision of Gita!!!
- It is only by gradual stages that God controls his three-propertied nature by the exercise of yog-maya and manifests himself!!!
- To get enlightened well on that which is to be known and after knowing which mortal man achieves the quality of deathlessness!!!
- A precise declaration of the concept of the sphere within human body through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Enumeration of way of life of worshipers who have attained to the ultimate peace through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Which one of two kinds of devotees, they who worship manifest God and they who contemplate the unmanifest Spirit, are superior?
- The one way to attain to Supreme Spirit is perfect intentness as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “How should I, O Yogeshwar, know you by incessant contemplation and in what forms, O Lord, should I worship you?”
- How Yogi constantly adore God as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- Listen again, O Arjun, to the mystic and compelling words I wish to speak because of my concern for the good of a beloved pupil…!!!
- The profit that will accrue from the worshiper’s attainment of his state through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita…!!!
- What is the lot of those who are liberated from all desire through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- Who is the real performer of yagya, the healer and the sacred prayer through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita???
- What is that which maya creates by assuming the property that belongs to Lord through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- What the yogi does and about accomplishment by such great Souls through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- “I shall instruct you well with analogy in this mysterious knowledge, knowing of which liberates from this sorrowfull world.”
- When even men of steady devotion are within the limits of rebirth and when they are beyond it through metaphysical vision of Gita??
- Yogi knows when the night of ignorance falls and when the day of knowledge dawns, and also the limits of the dominance of time…!!!
- Sphere of rebirth expounded through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- What is the ultimate state that should be the worshiper’s goal and how it may be attained as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita….??
- What the object of meditation should be and how God is perceived at the time of departing from the body as per Bhagavad Gita…??
January 2020 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31