1.36 -“What happiness can we have, O Janardan (Krishn), from slaying these sons of Dhritrashtr? Only sin will fall to our lot if we kill even these wicked men.”
What happiness can Arjun gain from killing Dhritrashtr’s sons? Dhritrashtr denotes the “insolent or profligate nation,” and born from it is Duryodhan, the image of infatuation. But shall even the slaying of such an evil kinsman make Arjun and Sri Krishn happy? The Kaurav are unrighteous, but the Pandav will be only guilty of sin if they kill them. We call men evildoers if they adopt impious ways for their livelihood. In fact, however, the worst felons are those who put obstructions in the way of the Self. The gravest offenders in this respect are lust, wrath, avarice, and inordinate attachment which obstruct one’s realization of the Self.
1.37 -“So it is not for us to kill Dhritrashtr’s sons, for how indeed can we be happy, O Madhav (Krishn), if we slaughter our own kinsmen?”
Is it not surprising that the Kaurav are at this moment seen as kith and kin? Didn’t they come to the battlefield as foes? In truth, physical relationship arises from ignorance. He is my maternal uncle; here is my wife’s family; this is the community of my own people. What are all these, but ignorance? We have people who are affectionate to us and we have our family, and we have our world,but all these we have only as long as there is attachment. All such ties are demolished when there is no attachment. That is why even sworn enemies now appear to Arjun as kinsmen. He asks Sri Krishn how they can be happy by killing their kinsmen. Without ignorance and attachment the idea of family cannot exist. Paradoxically, however, it is this ignorance that also provides the initial urge for knowledge. Some great men like Bhartrihari and Tulsidas were driven to renunciation by their spouses, whereas there are examples of many others who have gone the same way because of their disillusionment with the conduct of a stepmother.
1.38/39 -“Although, with their minds vitiated by greed, they (the Kaurav) have no awareness of the evil they do in destroying families and in being treacherous to friends, why should we, O Janardan, who know that it is evil to destroy families, not turn away from the sinful act?”
Straying from righteousness because of their arrogance and avarice, the Kaurav are blind to the sin they commit by destroying families and practising treachery against friends. This is their error. But why, Arjun wishes to know from Sri Krishn, should they themselves, knowing the evils of destroying families, not desist from the crime? What deserves special notice here is Arjun’s belief that not only he, but Sri Krishn, too, is about to make the same error. So he also indirectly accuses Sri Krishn. Every novice taking refuge in an accomplished teacher reasons in the same way. Arjun is under the impression that perhaps the problem that is bothering him has not yet occurred to,Sri Krishn. All the same, they are both reasonable men and it is required of them to think of the evil consequences of destroying a family.
1.40-“In case of the destruction of a family its eternal sacred traditions are lost, and impiety afflicts the whole family with the loss of its values.”
Until now Arjun has viewed family traditions as the eternal (Sanatan) Dharm. And he also believes that with the loss of these traditions, families are laden with sin.
1.41-“When sin prevails, O Sri Krishn, women of the family stray from virtue, and when they are unchaste, O descendant of the ‘Vrishnis (Varshneya: Krishn), there is generated an unholy mixture of classes (varnsankar).”
When unrighteous ways dominate a family, its women lose their chastity and there arises an intermingling of different classes, of incompatible cultures and ways of living.According to Arjun, this sinful intermingling occurs when women lose their virtue. But Sri Krishn contradicts this: “I am fully contented in the Self and there is nothing more precious which is beyond my reach. Yet I continue to practise meditation and renunciation, and urge others to the same. But these are only means and not the goal, and when the goal is achieved who cares for the means? So if the achiever such as I neglects the means, his followers of an inferior merit will emulate him and they, too, will give up the required means. Confused and misled from the path of Self-realization, they then perish.”
Lacking in true achievement, they only swagger emptily as if they were perfect.This imitation creates a chaos.There remains no distinction between the deserving and the undeserving. This confusion is varnsankar and the teacher himself is held responsible for this disorder. That is why an ideal teacher always teaches by his own conduct.
- By Saints / Poets (205)
- By Scriptures (284)
- "Yatharth Geeta"…..A metaphysical exposition of Bhagavad Gita..!!! (168)
- Devotional (3)
- Patanjali Yog Sutra (1)
- Spiritual (140)
- Veda (1)
- By Singers (2)
- Lata Mangeskar (1)
- Pandit Jasraj (1)
- By Songs / Bhajans (9)
- Devotional Bhajans (8)
- Devotional music (1)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Bhagavad Gita never supports any caste system……!!!!
- “Whenever, O Bharat, righteousness (dharm) declines and unrighteousness is rampant, I manifest myself.”
- “What helpful advice can you prescribe for our forum aspirants so that they can stay in a state that Sri Krishn described as Stitha Prajna for a longer time, immersed in spirit?”
- The True Meaning Of “Action” Or “Karm” (pronounced as “KARMA”as well) Is Therefore Worship……!!!
- “Resting in yog, renouncing infatuation for worldly ties, and looking at success and failure with an equal mind, one should undertake action…….!!!”
- What is the true concept of “Karm”(pronounced as “KARMA” as well) or Action is as per teachings of Yogeshwar Krishn in Bhagavad Gita?
- Metaphysical interpretation of the term “Karma”/ Action as per divine concepts of Yogeshwar Krishn taught in Bhagavd Gita……!!!!
- Two ways of spiritual discipline, the Way of Discrimination or Knowledge for sages and the Way of Selfless Action for men of action…..!!!”
- The very first appearance of metaphysical term “Karm”/Action (pronounced as “Karma” as well) which emerged from Bhagavad Gita……!!!!
- महर्षि पतञ्जलिकृतं योगदर्शन…..!!!/ Maharshi Patanjalikrit Yogdarshan……!!!
- The BhagawadGeeta in its True Perspective…….!!!!!
- Manifestation Of God……..!!!
- Can you please explain What makes the consciousness forget its own nature and falls in materialistic world?
- A message from Bhagavad Gita to entire Globe……!!!
- Bhagavad Gita-the best evergreen metaphysical psychotherapy ever done in global spiritual history…!!!!!
- Does Bhagavad Gita require an updated version as per modern human psychology of 21st century…???
- My Supreme abode….!!!
- Why do young children die?
- Perception of God and the consequent enlightenment are knowledge….!!!
- How to effect the quest for the God?
- When restraint is integrated with the Self and the operations of breath and senses are stilled….!!!
- In the state in which even the yog-restrained mind is dissolved….!!!
- A God-oriented saint is the abode of all this bliss…..!!!
- To take refuge in God and seek the ultimate liberation….!!!
- “Have you, Parth, listened intently to my words and, Dhananjay, is your delusion born out of ignorance dispelled?”- Lord Krishn!!!
- Enlightening a seeker on the way of true self-surrender through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The importance of worship and meditation by introducing idea of “devotion” for yogi who undertakes selfless action as per Gita!!!
- What are attributes of the accomplisher at the point where action is no longer of any avail as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The organization of men into four classes (varn) is name of the inner ability gained from one’s action as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The threefold classification according to the properties of nature of intellect, steadfastness, and happiness as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Knowledge, action, and the doer are also each of three kinds as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The five principles that Sankhya acknowledges as accomplishers of all action through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Principles of relinquishment and of renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!”
- The significance of OM, Tat, and Sat through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Distinction between three kinds of yagya, penance, and alms, that are like three kinds of food according to individual taste!!!
- What is the property-sattwa, rajas, or tamas of persons who albeit worship with faith but in disregard of scriptural ordinance?
- In whom do the wealth of divinity and demoniacal impulses abide as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The attributes of the treasure of divinity which subsist only in a seeker whose meditation has ripened to maturity as per Bhagavad Gita!!
- Most subtle of all knowledge by knowing the essence of which a man gains wisdom and accomplishes all his tasks as per Gita!!!
- The glories of the Self of realized sages through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- What is the form of that ultimate state which is achieved by renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The world is a tree which yogi who are seeking for the supreme goal have to cut down as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Tell me, O Lord, the attributes of the man who has risen above the three properties and the way by which he transcends these??”
- Supreme knowledge which is the noblest of all knowledge to achieve the ultimate perfection through metaphysical vision of Gita!!!
- It is only by gradual stages that God controls his three-propertied nature by the exercise of yog-maya and manifests himself!!!
- To get enlightened well on that which is to be known and after knowing which mortal man achieves the quality of deathlessness!!!
- A precise declaration of the concept of the sphere within human body through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Enumeration of way of life of worshipers who have attained to the ultimate peace through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Which one of two kinds of devotees, they who worship manifest God and they who contemplate the unmanifest Spirit, are superior?
- The one way to attain to Supreme Spirit is perfect intentness as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30