1.42. – “The unholy intermingling of classes condemns the destroyer of the family as well as the family itself to hell, for their ancestors, deprived of the offerings of obsequial cakes of rice and water libations, fall (from their heavenly abode).”
It is a quality of varnsankar to despatch families and their destroyers to hell. Divested of obsequial gifts of rice cakes, their forefathers also lose their heavenly home. The present is destroyed, the ancestors of the past fall, and the posterity to come will also descend to hell. Not only this, but-
1.43 – “The sin committed by destroyers of families, which causes an intermingling of classes, puts to an end the timeless dharm of both caste and family.”
According to Arjun, the evils of varnsankar destroy the traditions of both families and their destroyers. He holds the view that family traditions are changeless and eternal. But Sri Krishn refutes this later by asserting that Self alone is the changeless and eternal Sanatan Dharm. Before a man has realized the essence of this Sanatan Dharm, he gives credence to some tradition or the other. Such is Arjun’s belief at the moment, but in Sri Krishn’s view it is a mere delusion.
1.44 – “We have heard, O Janardan, that hell is indeed the miserable habitat, for an infinite time, of men, the traditions of whose families have been destroyed.”
Men whose family traditions are destroyed have to dwell in hell endlessly. What is significant though is that Arjun has only heard so. As he believes, with the destruction of a family, not only its traditions but also its changeless, everlasting dharm is destroyed. He thus equates traditions with Sanatan Dharm. It is well known, he says, how a man has to suffer in hell for the loss of his dharm. But he has only heard so: not seen, but only heard of it.
1.45 -“Tempted by the pleasures of temporal power, alas, what a heinous crime have we resolved to commit by killing our own kith and kin!”
How regrettable that although possessed of wisdom, they are yet determined to commit a grave sin by being intent upon killing their own family because of greed of regal power and its pleasures. At this point Arjun regards his knowledge as in no way less than that of Sri Krishn.All seekers, as it has already been said, feel thus at the outset. According to Mahatma Buddh, so long as a man has only partial knowledge he regards himself as a repository of great wisdom, but as he begins to learn the second half of the knowledge he has to acquire, he regards himself as a great fool. Arjun considers himself a wise man in the same way. He takes the liberty of persuading Sri Krishn that it is simply not possible that their sinful act can have any propitious outcome, and also that their resolve to destroy their family is motivated by sheer greed of sovereignty and its pleasures. They are really committing a terrible error. Convinced that the error is not only his, he has a dig at Sri Krishn when he remarks that the error is also his.
1.46 -“I shall indeed prefer the prospect of being slain by the armed sons of Dhritrashtr while (I am myself) unarmed and unresisting.”
His death at the hands of Dhritrashr’s’s armed sons, while he himself is unarmed and unresisting, will be according to Arjun a fortunate event. History will then remember him as a magnanimous man who had averted a war by sacrificing his own life. People forsake their lives for the happiness of tender, innocent children so that the family may thrive. People go abroad and live in luxurious mansions, but after two days they begin to pine for their discarded hovels. Such is the strength of attachment. It is behind Arjun’s feeling that it will be propitious even if he is killed unresisting by the armed sons of Dhritrashtr, for it will ensure the children of the family a prosperous and happy life.
1.47 – Sanjay said, “Speaking thus and smitten by grief, in the midst of the battlefield, Arjun put aside his bow and arrows, and sat down in the chariot.”
In other words, Arjun withdraws from the conflict between the physical body-the sphere of action-and the Self within with his awareness of God.
- By Saints / Poets (200)
- By Scriptures (279)
- "Yatharth Geeta"…..A metaphysical exposition of Bhagavad Gita..!!! (163)
- Devotional (3)
- Patanjali Yog Sutra (1)
- Spiritual (135)
- Veda (1)
- By Singers (2)
- By Songs / Bhajans (9)
- Uncategorized (3)
- महर्षि पतञ्जलिकृतं योगदर्शन…..!!!/ Maharshi Patanjalikrit Yogdarshan……!!!
- The BhagawadGeeta in its True Perspective…….!!!!!
- Manifestation Of God……..!!!
- Can you please explain What makes the consciousness forget its own nature and falls in materialistic world?
- A message from Bhagavad Gita to entire Globe……!!!
- Bhagavad Gita-the best evergreen metaphysical psychotherapy ever done in global spiritual history…!!!!!
- Does Bhagavad Gita require an updated version as per modern human psychology of 21st century…???
- My Supreme abode….!!!
- Why do young children die?
- Perception of God and the consequent enlightenment are knowledge….!!!
- How to effect the quest for the God?
- When restraint is integrated with the Self and the operations of breath and senses are stilled….!!!
- In the state in which even the yog-restrained mind is dissolved….!!!
- A God-oriented saint is the abode of all this bliss…..!!!
- To take refuge in God and seek the ultimate liberation….!!!
- “Have you, Parth, listened intently to my words and, Dhananjay, is your delusion born out of ignorance dispelled?”- Lord Krishn!!!
- Enlightening a seeker on the way of true self-surrender through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The importance of worship and meditation by introducing idea of “devotion” for yogi who undertakes selfless action as per Gita!!!
- What are attributes of the accomplisher at the point where action is no longer of any avail as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The organization of men into four classes (varn) is name of the inner ability gained from one’s action as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The threefold classification according to the properties of nature of intellect, steadfastness, and happiness as per Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Knowledge, action, and the doer are also each of three kinds as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- The five principles that Sankhya acknowledges as accomplishers of all action through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Principles of relinquishment and of renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!”
- The significance of OM, Tat, and Sat through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Distinction between three kinds of yagya, penance, and alms, that are like three kinds of food according to individual taste!!!
- What is the property-sattwa, rajas, or tamas of persons who albeit worship with faith but in disregard of scriptural ordinance?
- In whom do the wealth of divinity and demoniacal impulses abide as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The attributes of the treasure of divinity which subsist only in a seeker whose meditation has ripened to maturity as per Bhagavad Gita!!
- Most subtle of all knowledge by knowing the essence of which a man gains wisdom and accomplishes all his tasks as per Gita!!!
- The glories of the Self of realized sages through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- What is the form of that ultimate state which is achieved by renunciation through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- The world is a tree which yogi who are seeking for the supreme goal have to cut down as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “Tell me, O Lord, the attributes of the man who has risen above the three properties and the way by which he transcends these??”
- Supreme knowledge which is the noblest of all knowledge to achieve the ultimate perfection through metaphysical vision of Gita!!!
- It is only by gradual stages that God controls his three-propertied nature by the exercise of yog-maya and manifests himself!!!
- To get enlightened well on that which is to be known and after knowing which mortal man achieves the quality of deathlessness!!!
- A precise declaration of the concept of the sphere within human body through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Enumeration of way of life of worshipers who have attained to the ultimate peace through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- Which one of two kinds of devotees, they who worship manifest God and they who contemplate the unmanifest Spirit, are superior?
- The one way to attain to Supreme Spirit is perfect intentness as per teachings of Bhagavad Gita!!!
- “How should I, O Yogeshwar, know you by incessant contemplation and in what forms, O Lord, should I worship you?”
- How Yogi constantly adore God as per metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- Listen again, O Arjun, to the mystic and compelling words I wish to speak because of my concern for the good of a beloved pupil…!!!
- The profit that will accrue from the worshiper’s attainment of his state through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita…!!!
- What is the lot of those who are liberated from all desire through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- Who is the real performer of yagya, the healer and the sacred prayer through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita???
- What is that which maya creates by assuming the property that belongs to Lord through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- What the yogi does and about accomplishment by such great Souls through metaphysical vision of Bhagavad Gita?
- “I shall instruct you well with analogy in this mysterious knowledge, knowing of which liberates from this sorrowfull world.”
December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31